What does Colter have to fear so much about American interest groups lobbying against the the legalization of homosexual couplings that's he making noises about restricting foreign influence.
After all, the courts have sanctioned homosexual couplings, the government, with enough of the opposition, supports it and 6% of the population demands it. So why worry about the other 94% of the population who either don't care or oppose it; let alone American lobby groups who vehemently contest the legalization? It's not like there are other more pressing issues like Canada's relative decline in prosperity from 5th to 8th or how to get along with the American government once again.Nope, restricting American lobbying and ensuring the that a social reform that no one really clamours for are passed. And to reinforce Colter's insulation from such mundane political considerations like timing and symbolism, today Chrétein testifies before the Gomery commission on Adscam. The testimony will undoutedly remind people that the federal government ensures that only its policies are communicated to Canadians and all others will be ignored, supressed or discredited by our money. So Colter's threat will once again remind Canadians that 94% of the population's indifference or opposition to homosexual couplings doesn't constitute popular support to hold off the legislation or to hold a referendum. Moreover, restricting